The Mobile Rehab Graduate roles are best suited to those who love working with older clients, enjoy an innovative work environment and have great communication and collaboration skills.
About the Mobile Rehab Graduate Program
- ALL graduates are offered full time permanent positions. The program runs for 15 months and your employment with us continues after the graduate program, unlike other programs that run on a 12 month contract. Graduates then link into the regular clinician development framework.
- The graduate program is “lifestyle friendly” as we do not operate in the evenings, weekends or on public holidays.
- Each graduate sits in a geographically located interdisciplinary team. Each team is headed up by an experienced Team Leader clinician.
- Flexible work structure after successful completion of graduate program, with many of the Mobile Rehab team enjoying the flexibility of a 9 day fortnight.
- Extensive professional development is provided. Mobile Rehab holds 4 conferences a year that have active graduate participation.
- Graduate “Think Tanks” occur on an 8 weekly basis where different topics are addressed to assist clinicians develop clinical, professional and customer service skills.
- Clinical Leads and team leaders provide support and guidance on clinical and operational issues. The expertise of for each disciple are also available for support and professional development.
- Career development opportunities are aligned with the Modern Award. This may involve supervising a student (following the graduate program), heading up new exercise programs, research, presenting and leadership opportunities.
- Mobile Rehab provides opportunities for clinicians to grow their career from new graduate program, presenting at conferences, becoming a clinical educator for undergraduate students in our student program, leading new exercise programs and site startups, developing skills in specific areas and becoming a lead clinician eg. at our RACFs, and through our emerging leader program.
- Individual support is there to assist graduates with their learning goals and growth as a clinician. Our support is tailored to each clinician as the graduate develops their abilities and increased autonomy in the role.
- Graduates (and all clinicians) are fully supported by our client services teams based in the Mobile Rehab office. This support ensures clinicians time is focused entirely on the client and not spent on administrative matters such as client consent, fees, managing appointments and report sending and billing (which the client services teams do!).
- Uniform items, iPad and clinical equipment provided.
- We complete our documentation and reporting on an iPad using live work scheduling to maximise support for our clinicians in the field.