We’re halfway through the year; which is the perfect time to assess your health goals.
Whether you want to climb mountains, improve your golf swing, or just walk unaided to the mail box, it’s time to plan a new set of goals.
To help you get started with your health goals, Mobile Rehab has prepared a FREE SMART GOAL SHEET, for you to download, print out and start planning.
Let’s keep you on the right track to achieving your health goals.
Find a quiet, comfortable spot at home where you can really think about:
- what you have achieved in the last 6 months?
- achievements you are proud of?
- if there is anything you wish you had done differently?
- how are you feeling about your health? (mental and physical)
- what do you want to achieve in the next 6 months?
How to write your SMART health goals:
- define what you want to achieve;
- whether is it to walk / swim / run / or create a vegetable garden, think about WHAT you want to achieve
- how will you measure your success?
- time? distance? number of steps? number of laps? golf swings?
- you also need to be able to measure your goals so you can celebrate your improvements!
- include some quick wins and a goal you need to reach/stretch for
- think in terms of ‘baby steps’ leading up to ‘bigger’ goals
- remember, you need to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run!
- your goals should reflect your interests
- you are more likely to achieve your goals if you like what you’re doing
- think about doing something for the enjoyment of it, rather than for the outcome
- establish a realistic timeframe to achieve your goal
- don’t rush your results, so plan ahead for the year
- remember these are goals for the next 6 months, not the next 6 weeks
This may take a few attempts to set goals that you are happy with, but keep at it. Once you have set your health goals, place them on the fridge (or somewhere highly visible) to remind yourself daily of the promise you have made to yourself. Share it with family and friends to help keep yourself accountable and for extra support. They may even like to join you!
Happy goal setting!